Decarbonisation Retrofit Services
Novus provides a specialist one-stop-shop service to assist clients achieve their zero carbon targets across their portfolios
Delivered through our dedicated Sustain service, clients benefit from the expert advice and delivery provided by our Centre of Excellence. This consists of in-house professionals and external partners who are specialists in achieving your carbon reduction and funding targets. By adopting a partnering approach, we are able to assist clients with an end-to-end service to assess stock, generate proposals, apply for funding, and complete the works on site – providing a seamless tailored package.
Partnering with Novus includes:
- One-stop-shop for the complete service of identification, application and execution of the funding agreement, and delivery of the works
- Guaranteed 100% Novus led compliant applications offering zero client risk
- Support from our Centre of Excellence, backed by Energy Specifics, providing dedicated industry experts
- Total cost transparency
- All works verified through Trustmark quality and assurance
Achieving carbon neutral homes has become a major driver in the government’s ‘Net Zero’ carbon reduction plans. Local authorities and housing associations across the UK are now able to secure funding through the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund, set to enhance the country’s energy efficiency of socially rented homes.
The funding will enable the UK’s worst energy-performing social housing properties to receive vital energy efficiency upgrades including installation of insulation and more energy efficient doors, windows, and heating systems. This investment will help residents save around £170 per year on energy bills, while making their homes warmer and reducing carbon emissions. With homes accounting for 15% of the UK’s carbon emissions, the government investment will also help towards eliminating the country’s contribution to climate change by 2050.
What will Novus’ service cover?
- Working with clients on asset databases to help identify suitable stock for retrofitting, with appropriate funding streams identified
- Provision of consumer advice on initial engagement and at the required stages of each project
- Completion of a Retrofit Assessment by a qualified Retrofit Assessor
- Review of the Retrofit Assessment
- Funding application submitted on behalf of the client
- Initial and on-going Risk Assessment
- Full PAS 2035/2038 report including retrofit design, ventilation assessment, carbon reduction and fuel cost savings
- PAS 2035/2038 compliant Retrofit Coordinator service
- Data Warehouse lodgement
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Air Pressure Testing to the requirements of Pas 2035/2038 in-house, further enhancing qualitative data reporting
For additional peace of mind, all our Retrofit Assessors and Coordinators are covered by the relevant Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurances.
Get in touch with Claire
Our Centre of Excellence
A large-scale external façade upgrade
Installing mineral fibre insulation and providing a beautiful finish of silicone render, paired with iconic clay brick slips.
Working on behalf of Wrexham County Borough Council delivering planned, responsive and project works to both void and occupied dwellings across social housing properties.
Significant retrofit upgrade works for our longstanding customer, Bromford Housing.