Wythenshawe Hospital – Maintenance and Upgrade Works
Contract with Manchester University NHS to provide maintenance and upgrade works to Wythenshawe Hospital.
In July 2015, we were appointed onto the Measured Term Contract Framework with Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, who serve the communities across Manchester, Greater Manchester, North Manchester, and the Northwest. We have worked with the Trust to maintain, improve, upgrade, and refurbish their hospital estate which includes Wythenshawe Hospital.
What type of projects did Novus deliver?
- Major capital investment programme
- Internal Refurbishment
- Infrastructure upgrades including fire stopping works and M&E upgrades
- Maintenance and lifecycle improvement work
Wythenshawe Hospital is a major acute teaching hospital recognised as a centre of clinical excellence. The hospital houses many specialist buildings and departments including
- Acute Block including intensive care unit, burns centre, fracture clinic and other high dependency areas
- Accident and Emergency
- Pain Clinic
- Education & Research Centre
- Women Health Unit
- Maternity Unit
- Children’s Department
- Transplant Unit
- Northwest Heart Centre
- Treatment and Diagnostic Centre
- Manchester Cystic Fibrosis Centre
- Northwest Lung Centre
- Nightingale Centre
- Clinical Science Building
Projects completed in 2019:
- Installation of car park lighting at Clinical Science Building
- Water heater replacement and electrical works at Clinical Science Building
- Water & medical gas works to Wilson & Doyle Wards
- Installation of vanguard units and link corridors to create two temporary theatres.
- Firestopping works
- Generator load bank connection works
- Substation electrical works
- Children’s ward vanguard unit – construction of an external covered walkway linking the existing hospital to one temporary vanguard operating theatre.
- First floor kitchen refurbishment works
- Nurse call system installation across five departments including Outpatients, X-ray and Ante-natal