Stafford & Rural Homes – Greyfriars
Installing mineral fibre insulation and providing a beautiful finish of silicone render, paired with iconic clay brick slips.
We carried out works at Greyfriars in Stafford, above a row of occupied apartments above retail premises. The work involved installing mineral fibre insulation and providing a beautiful finish of silicone render, paired with iconic clay brick slips that would completely transform the look of the building.
What work did Novus carry out?
- Replacement of the existing flat roof with mono pitch roof trusses, trusses, plywood and a Sika Sarnafil single ply roofing membrane
- Replacement of windows
- Installation of Wetherby EWI (External wall insulation) System to the external walls of all apartments
- Removal and reinstatement of cable management
- Installation of timber pattresses
- Rockwool insulation
- Rendering including mesh, expansion joints, beads, trims and a silicone topcoat in two colours
- Installation of external lights
During the works
Below the flats were a number of shops consisting of a florist, butchers and funeral directors. All stayed open for business whilst working on site, as work impact was minimised during the job. Novus has a depth of experience working within live environments, allowing the shops to still be available to the public.
Forward planning for materials was also thought of early on, due to the problem of tight access in places. This helped get supplies on site when needed.
Westville found Novus a great client to work with, including great communication and a very impressive site team.
Working on behalf of Wrexham County Borough Council delivering planned, responsive and project works to both void and occupied dwellings across social housing properties.
Significant retrofit upgrade works for our longstanding customer, Bromford Housing.
A large-scale external facade upgrade