Royal Veterinary College
We completely remodelled and refurbished kennels at the Royal Veterinary College’s Hertfordshire Campus, creating a modern indoor facility for animal patients by constructing six state-of-the art canine rooms.
The ward previously comprised only of outdoor kennels and a roof, but our team comprehensively redesigned and constructed the building, where dogs recovering from or awaiting treatment will now be cared for by the college.
The animals were considered throughout the planning process, with the building being designed to be maintenance-free, hygienic, and easy to clean. The end result is the provision of a comfortable environment in which dogs can live during their time at the college and in which college staff can work.
Our specialist team has:
- Constructed new outside walls and fitted windows
- Divided the building into six canine rooms
- Fitted roof windows to optimise natural lighting
- Installed individual lights for each canine room
- Fitted stainless steel cage doors to each room
- Installed new sockets in each canine room
- Ensured correct ventilation and installed heating
- Fitted new flooring and completed interior decoration
- Installed individual monitoring machines
Thanks to the work we completed, the college can now carry out more canine treatments, provide improved care for the animals and offer increased flexibility on where they can stay.
Tony Ronayne, operations manager, said: “This project has showcased the comprehensive range of high-quality property refurbishment and building maintenance services that we offer. We planned our work after consultations with the client, and kept in constant contact with them throughout the project to deliver the desired end result.”
Bearing in mind that the refurbishment project was undertaken in a wing of the RVC’s busy college hospital, Novus completed the works in a professional, polite and efficient manner, which helped keep disruption to an absolute minimum.”
Student accommodation refurbishments to bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms
External repairs and redecoration
A large-scale external façade upgrade