North Manchester General Hospital – Maintenance and Refurbishment Works
Novus has carried out Maintenance and Refurbishment Works for North Manchester General Hospital.
In July 2015, we were appointed onto the Measured Term Contract Framework with Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, who serve the communities across Manchester, Greater Manchester, North Manchester, and the Northwest. We have worked with the Trust to maintain, improve, upgrade, and refurbish their hospital estate which includes Trafford General Hospital, the birthplace of the NHS.
The type of projects being delivered through the contract are:
- Major capital investment programme
- Internal Refurbishment
- Infrastructure upgrades including fire stopping works and M&E upgrades
- Maintenance and lifecycle improvement work
North Manchester General Hospital was taken over by the Trust in April 2021. The Trust engaged with us to maintain the hospital under the MTC framework. The hospital has several specialist departments including:
- Various replacement flooring works to corridors and stairwells
- Plate heat exchangers
- BMS control upgrades works
- Security relocation – creation of a new state of the art security office
- Asbestos abatement works – 5 phases of removal works
- Fire Stopping & replacement of fire doors through hospital under Firas & BM Trada respectively
- Ward refurbishments to various area – Wards J3 & J4