Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Ward Refurbishment
Full live ward refurbishment over five phases.
We have been instrumental in the creation of a ground-breaking new facility as part of our ongoing three-year MTC with Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The in-patient Acute Frailty Unit – the first such facility in the region – has been designed specifically with elderly patients in mind. The centre includes mock stairs and a home-from-home living area and kitchen, allowing staff to assess each patient’s independence prior to returning home.
The complex ‘live’ ward refurbishment, which took five months to complete, was carried out over several phases.
Our delivery team worked sensitively around patients and staff throughout, completing one area at a time and working hard to keep disruption to a minimum.
- Phase One involved the conversion of inpatient bays to create a patient lounge, crafts room and kitchen.
- Phase Two involved the creation of examination rooms, offices and a quiet room for patients who suffer from Dementia.
- Phase Three involved the upgrading on an inpatient bay. We reconfigured the layout of each side room, reducing the number of beds from six to four and installing en-suite bathrooms. The new layout provides more space around each unit for additional equipment such as hoists, as well as enabling patients to move around more easily.
- Phase Four saw the creation of an MDT room and patient gym.
- The final stage of the project was the creation of an external courtyard for patients, as having access to outdoor space can be a vital part of the recovery process while it also provides a retreat for staff.
We’re committed to being a responsible business
As part of our commitment to being a responsible business, we donated the fruit trees and the summer house installed in the courtyard.
The client was very happy with the manner we carried out the works, enabling them to maintain inpatient beds with minimal disruption. The team worked to extremely tight schedules in order to finish in time for the Christmas shutdown, which involved working extra hours.
We’ve worked closely with Aintree University Hospital over the last few years, which is one of the largest single site NHS Trusts in the country, on numerous planned works.
Works have also included the ‘live’ refurbishment of the Ophthalmology Department over four phases, enabling works prior to the installation of a robot system in the pharmacy and the creation of a mock theatre and training room.
Your team were excellent throughout delivery and were always approachable and happy to discuss any issues the Ward Team came across, whilst the project was ongoing, and I would like to thank you all for that. I would highly recommend you and your tea, for future projects.
Internal refurbishment and extension to Trinty Court
Internal refurbishment to sheltered accommodation at Highgates
Large single-storey extension at a retirement village