South West – Internal & External Decoration and Pre-paint Repairs
Internal and external decoration and pre-paint repairs to social housing stock in South West England
After a competitive tender process, Novus were awarded Lot 1 Dorset and Lot 3 Wiltshire for a Social Housing provider for the internal and external decoration and pre-paint repairs to their social housing stock.
About the client
Our client on this project are a social housing landlord based in the South West of England. Their housing stock consists of approximately 33,600 properties, garages and communal areas.
What Types of Property and Spaces are Involved?
Predominantly low rise in nature (1 & 2 storey) with some 3, 4 and 5 storey blocks.
Properties are of both traditional and system built types with a wide age built range between 1750 and current developments. These include:
- General needs
- Shared Ownership
- Common rooms
- Communal areas
What Work is Being Carried out by Novus?
This is a long term and ongoing project, with the potential to last for a maximum of 6 years. Novus are carrying out the following works for the client:
- Develop and deliver re-decorating projects to maintain the aesthetic and physical integrity of the properties
- Undertake external repair works as necessary to deliver decent homes standard obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, roofing repairs, repairs to chimneys, over cladding of roof line, renewal of store doors. All properties are occupied.
- Undertake the internal and external decorations and pre paint repairs to all properties owned and managed by the client as instructed
- Work in an open and honest way with shared information on products, budgets, programmes, specifications and costs.
- Gain an understanding of the drivers behind the respective businesses to enable each partner to minimise the risks to each other by focusing on mutual interests.
- Deliver this project and services in an environment of continuous improvement and achieving maximum value for each project and delivered safely, on time and to cost.
- Measure performance of the parties in the Partnering Agreement and to provide agreed performance indicators on a mutually agreed timetable.
- Adopt for the benefit of all an undertaking to attain an Annual Efficiency saving
Additionally, Novus are the Principal Designer and Contractor for the purposes of CDM2015.
Copies of the asbestos surveys pertaining to these properties are issued to Novus prior to commencement of each year’s work.
Who is Involved in the Project?
The Senior Operations Manager is based in our Basingstoke office and provides a single point of contact and accountability for all matters relating to the contract.
The management team on this project consists of a Quantity Surveyor, Contracts Manager, Site Supervisors, Customer Liaison Officer and Contract Administrators.
The Senior Operations Manager maintains proactive communication with the Contract Team, frequently attending site to verify contract performance, participating in monthly contract review meetings, improvement forums and engaging in frequent informal communication.
He is constantly available to the members of the Contract Team through a dedicated telephone number and e-mail address.
This provides a prompt and effective response to any queries or issues to prevent escalation.
Working with the Client
Monthly progress meetings are held with the Client, updating them on the key areas of the programme including:
- Compliance with the contract and tender
- Timescales and progress
- Health & Safety
- Customer and resident satisfaction
Redecoration to five buildings at one of Scotland’s largest and most prestigious independent schools
Redecoration to bedrooms and communal areas