Ferrybridge Power Station
Our highly skilled, qualified workforce and robust Health and Safety Management System afford us the ability to operate effectively within highly critical environments such as Ferrybridge Power Station, situated on the banks of the River Aire in West Yorkshire.
Ferrybridge, owned by Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE), is the third coal-fired power station to be built on the site since 1924 and is often referred to as ‘Ferrybridge C’. The station first fed electricity into the national grid in February 1966.
We carried out projects in various locations throughout Ferrybridge Power Station including boiler houses, offices and coal houses. Examples of work activities included:
- Renewal of flooring to the store’s amenity block
- Upgrade of the control room with new blinds and internal redecoration
- Application of window film across numerous areas
- Refurbishment of internal spaces including the Biomass Shed Canteen and Electrical Office
- Construction of a new telecoms block
There are many challenges to working on a live power station. Health and Safety was of paramount importance within this high risk environment and all operatives were required to complete a mandatory site induction and demonstrate competence by passing a Health and Safety assessment prior to engagement on the contract.
Supermarket external render painting, internal refurbishment, painting new-build components
Large-scale interior refurbishment and new extension
York Racecourse – Redecoration