Novus shortlisted for prestigious CN Talent Award
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been shortlisted for CSR Initiative of the Year at the Construction News Talent Awards.
It comes following last year’s hugely successful Big Five campaign, where we supported five renovation projects around the country that were nominated by – and completed for – the communities we operate in.
The Big Five was a major initiative for us, with each project receiving a £20,000 investment. Those chosen by our own judging panel included:
- The refurbishment of a maternity ward to create a new bereavement suite at Royal County Sussex Hospital in Brighton for parents who have sadly lost a child during birth.
- The conversion of a derelict house into a modern home for a vulnerable person in Leeds on behalf of Latch (Leeds Action to Create Homes).
- The refurbishment of a new community and learning centre for parents and children in Dudley.
- Modernising a Youth Action Project community hub in Livingston, Scotland, to provide courses and workshops for young people.
- Building a counselling room at a rehabilitation centre in Liverpool for military veterans suffering from addiction.
Being able to support our communities is vital to us and the Big Five has actively improved the lives of around 700 people. Not only that, it has united our workforce and reaffirmed our core values – The Novus Way.
Launched in 2018, the CSR Initiative of the Year award recognises outstanding commitment to transparency, fairness, integrity and diversity. Our shortlisting highlights our efforts to be socially responsible, as well as honouring the hard work our exceptional tradespeople invest into the community.
Kevin Rhone, head of social value and customer services at Novus, commented on making the shortlist: “The Big Five initiative offered us a fantastic opportunity to build on the incredible progress we’ve already made with our CSR campaigns to-date, reconnect with the communities we operate in across the country and bring our corporate values to life.
“The campaign has produced tangible results that will continue to change lives for years to come – something our staff can be incredibly proud of.”
Lem Bingley, editor of Construction News, said: “These awards celebrate companies and individuals that are infusing the construction industry with amazing positive energy.”
“The shortlisted entrants have taken huge strides forward in training and education, health and safety, technology development, equality and diversity, community outreach and corporate responsibility. Together, they are making our industry more efficient, more responsible, and more inclusive.”
“Our panel of expert judges now has the difficult task of selecting the cream of this incredible crop.”
The awards take place on 20th November 2019 in London.
Find out more about our CSR approach here.
Novus awarded kitchen installation contract by East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Novus Property Solutions has been awarded a significant property maintenance contract by East Riding of Yorkshire Council to supply and install kitchens for its housing stock.