analysing website visitors
0113 2304411,
kirsty@harris-associates.com /
News
Archive /
Novus
Now /

Cementing our relationship with The Guinness Partnership /

Cementing our relationship with The Guinness Partnership
We've once again joined forces with social housing provider The Guinness Partnership, to refresh the exterior of a block of flats in Stockport.
 
The Guinness Partnership, which has been providing high-quality homes and care services since 1890, has a portfolio of over 65,000 homes across England in cities, towns, and rural areas. The social housing provider has invested millions of pounds in building new homes and regenerating estates as well as maintaining its homes.
 
Works to The Willows, a block of 12 flats managed by the social housing provider in Stockport, were completed in just five weeks by operatives from our Salford office in late 2016. The project involved the replacement of existing timber windows with UPVC, upgrading of roofline areas, and the removal of asbestos.
 
Our team had to carefully plan the installation of the new windows to minimise disruption as some of the flats were occupied by elderly residents. In addition, limited space on site brought about further challenges which meant that the erection and dismantling of the scaffolding had to be phased around the building.
 
Gary Taylor, planned delivery surveyor at the Guinness Partnership, said: “We have a longstanding working relationship with Novus and have always been impressed by the standard of their work.
 
“The project completed at The Willows was no different and the exterior works were successfully carried out a week ahead of schedule, causing our elderly residents minimal disruption and making their building one to be proud of!”
 
The contract further cemented our relationship with the social housing provider following our recent restoration of the front of India House, the Guinness Partnership’s office in Manchester. The extensive project spanned 10 months from January 2015 and involved restoration to the front of the Grade II* listed building. 
Back to news