Contracts Manager (Painting/Refurbishment – Social Housing)
Novus Property Solutions is a dynamic, award-winning property maintenance, refurbishment, compliance, and decarbonisation specialist with more than 750 colleagues in 20 locations across Great Britain, providing a combination of local knowledge and national strength. We are a social and environmentally responsible family-owned business with a rich 125-year heritage, delivering a range of bespoke services and solutions to a wide variety of clients.
As a result of our success we are seeking an enthusiastic Contracts Manager to work from our Leighton Buzzard operational office covering North/South London, Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire.
- Competitive salary
- 26 Days Hols & Bank holidays – option to buy or sell holidays
- Company pension scheme – up to 7.5%
- Company Car/Allowance
- Discounted Healthcare Scheme
- Highstreet & lifestyle discounts
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- A day paid volunteering per year
- Length of service awards
- Any many more….
Summary – Contracts Manager
The role of the Contracts Manager is to ensure the smooth operation of a number of designated contracts / sites from implementation to completion and handover.
With responsibility for the control and management of a number of Site Managers, the role holder will ensure contracts are completed to programme, with zero defects, within budget and with no risk to the Health & Safety of their operational team, the client or the general public.
The successful candidate will be client facing and have strong experience in Social Housing with Painting and Refurbishments including Kitchen/Bathrooms bias, estimating experience would be beneficial.
Key Responsibilities – Contracts Manager
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
- Assist in the presentation of the contract brief to the client
- Manage the selection and formation of site personnel teams (inc. sub contractors) as determined by individual contracts.
- Manage site personnel, work activities and resources to meet the requirements of individual contracts.
- Control individual contract progress towards completion.
- Control individual contract budgets.
- Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time.
- Identify Social Value and Customer Service requirements for each contract and manage, deliver and report against these commitments.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role and sector.
- Holds the relevant qualifications.
- Must hold a current SMSTS or associated NVQ.
- Essential to have experience of Painting/Refurbishment contracts and working within Social Housing
- Passive Fire Protection experience extremely beneficial
- Must be an enthusiastic self-starter with confident communications skills.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Applications are welcomed from all as we are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are a socially and environmentally responsible national building and maintenance company.
Please note that we do not require recruitment agency support with this role and speculative CVs will be treated as a direct application.