Ferrybridge Power Station /
Back to case studies
Project Description: Refurbishment and Construction
Contract Value: £300,000
Our highly skilled, qualified workforce and robust Health and Safety Management System afford us the ability to operate effectively within highly critical environments such as Ferrybridge Power Station, situated on the banks of the River Aire in West Yorkshire.
Ferrybridge, owned by Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE), is the third coal-fired power station to be built on the site since 1924 and is often referred to as ‘Ferrybridge C’. The station first fed electricity into the national grid in February of 1966.
Novus are currently carrying out projects in various locations througout Ferrybridge Power Station including boiler houses, offices and coal houses. Examples of recent work activities include: -
• Renewal of flooring to the stores amenity block
• Upgrade of the control room with new blinds and internal redecoration
• Application of window film across numerous areas
• Refurbishment of internal spaces including the Biomass Shed Canteen and Electrical Office
• Construction of a new telecoms block
There are many challenges to working on a live power station. Health and Safety is of paramount importance within this high risk environment and all operatives are required to complete a mandatory site induction and demonstrate competence by passing a Health and Safety assessment prior to engagement on the contract.