Code of Conduct
We are honest and fair in all aspects of our business
Our company values are the guiding principles for the way we need to behave and how we work together to create a stronger and more successful business.
Our Values are;
Be Responsible / Embrace Change / Get it Right / Work Together / Nurture / Be Authentic
Our clients and customers have a right to expect our business to be conducted in a polite, courteous and respectful way. Our Values and these ‘principles’ go hand-in-hand with delivering high levels of Customer Satisfaction.
Our Code of Conduct sets out specific standards of behaviour that support excellence in customer service and follow our guiding values. Whilst these standards are not specific legal obligations nevertheless we regard them to be mandatory.
Our Customer Service Principles
The Novus Values are an essential part of Novus Property Solutions way of working. The Novus Customer Service ‘Principles’ below reinforce these values;
- We are here because of our customers
- We treat customers with dignity and respect
- We always listen to our customers
- We work hard to resolve any problems
- We maintain positive attitudes at all times
- We all impact customer service
Novus Property Solutions insist in honesty and fairness in all aspects of business and expect the same from all those with whom we do business. This includes all employees of our subcontractors, suppliers and those directly employed by Novus Property Solutions.
All employees engaged by Novus Property Solutions will ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures in every respect and at all times. Employees will complete all the required paperwork to demonstrate to customers the effective fulfilment of our contracted obligations and will reinforce the site rules without exception.
The customer care team will review annually the application of this Code of Conduct and make amendments when the opportunity to improve is identified.
Professional Qualities in Customer Service
For the purposes of this policy, the term ‘employee’ is applicable to any representative working on behalf of Novus Property Solutions.
The following professional qualities are expected:
- Employees must behave in a proper and professional manner at all times.
- Employees should be punctual and always keep appointments.
- Employees must be dressed professionally, wear designated workwear, stipulated safety wear and display identity badge at all times.
- Employees must introduce themselves to the customer.
- Customers must be dealt with in a courteous manner.
- Employees are required to treat all customers positively and with consideration regardless of their:
- Religious Beliefs
- Sexual Orientation
- Hearing impairment
- Limited English Proficiency
- Speech Impairment
- Medical Conditions
- Mental Health
- Learning Difficulties
- Or any other Equality and Diversity factors
- Communications with customers about the contracted works must be conducted in a professional manner at all times.
- Sensitive information must be handled confidentially and the rules on data protection upheld at all times.
- Employees must not smoke or permit others to smoke.
- Employees suspected of working under the influence of alcohol/drugs, may be required to undertake tests and where appropriate will be dealt with in accordance with our standard disciplinary procedures.
- Employees will not use foul or derogatory language.
- Employees are permitted to use a mobile phone provided by the company for work related issues on site but must not use any personal mobile phones.
- Employees must withdraw from site if a situation develops in which they feel uncomfortable or a customer becomes disturbed, anxious or aggressive.
- All employees should protect the safety and wellbeing of our customers and ensure that no hazards are created by our activities.
- All employees are to observe the specific site rules set for the works including agreed working hours, use of radios, alternative language documentation, reporting formats and communication protocols.
Novus Property Solutions aims to deliver a safe workplace for all through dignity, respect and trust mutually between customers and employees. Any form of harassment, mistreatment or discrimination is deemed unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
It is Novus Property Solutions’ duty to make sure our acts do not restrict or discriminate against any members of the community with diverse needs. A high level of specific awareness shall be maintained through training; site inductions, regular toolbox talks and team briefings.